We asked gay and lesbian musical duo Anne Steele and William TN Hall to hit us with a joint Christmas playlist of their top 20 favorite festive tunes.
William and Anne team up for gigs on the New York City live music scene, playing at venues such as Joe’s Pub and Don’t Tell Mama. William is a British composer, performer and musical director to numerous shows across the United States and was pianist to the legendary Joan Rivers for her New York engagements. He has a new album out perfect for Christmas, Beacon: Holiday Improvisations, available here.
Anne is a multi-award winning singer-songwriter from NYC. She released Made Out of Stars, available here, to critical acclaim last year and has sold out concerts across the country. She recently performed alongside Cyndi Lauper at the Home For The Holidays concert at The Beacon Theater in NYC for the True Colors Fund.
Anne performs with William at their Christmas show at City Winery NYC on December 17 and they’ll be delivering a soulful and spirited mix with Anne on vocals and William on the keys. To see what puts them in the holiday mood, check out their Spotify playlist below.
Christmas Playlist by William and Anne
- Please Come Home For Christmas – Kelly Clarkson
- Merry Christmas Darling – The Carpenters
- Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas – Judy Garland
- The Christmas Wish – John Denver & The Muppets
- Love Can Take us There – Anne Steele
- River – Joni Mitchell
- O klang och jubeltid – Benny Anderssons Orkester
- Santa Claus Is Comin’ To Town – Bruce Springsteen
- Snowflake – Kate Bush
- What Are You Doing New Year’s Eve – Rufus Wainwright
- A Place Called Home – Megan Hilty
- Happy New Year – ABBA
- Merry Xmas Everybody – Slade
- Step Into Christmas – Elton John
- My First Christmas With You – William TN Hall
- Silver Bells – Martina McBride
- I’ll Be Home – Meghan Trainor
- Hard Candy Christmas – Dolly Parton
- It Might Be You – Anne Steele
- It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas – Michael Bublé
Play Anne and Will’s Holiday Jams here.