It is unquestionably the trip of a lifetime: Australia during Sydney WorldPride. Do you have your tickets?
The February-March 2023 event is expected to attract more than 500,000 people to celebrate all aspects of LGBGTQ+ identity during the Southern summer in the gorgeous streets of Sydney.
During 17 days of celebrations, revelers can experience one-off Sydney WorldPride events, including Bondi Beach Party, Domain Dance Party, Blak & Deadly: The First Nations Gala Concert at the Sydney Opera House, and Ultra Violet, an inclusive women’s party at the Sydney Town Hall. There’s also a Pride March across the iconic Sydney Harbour Bridge, and a Human Rights Conference in the heart of the vibrant and thriving city.
The world-famous, exuberant Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras Parade will also return to Australia’s gay golden mile, Oxford Street, and afterwards you can dance the night away at the massive, adult playground that is the Mardi Gras Party.
Schedule of Sydney WorldPride festival events
- 18 February: Pink Salt, Newcastle – Sydney WorldPride’s signature culinary experience, served with a side of rainbow entertainment
- 19 February: Mardi Gras Fair Day, presented by American Express (free) – An outdoor extravaganza with local LGBTQ+ flavor
- 20 February: Mardi Gras Paradiso Pool Party – Turn up the heat, grab a cocktail, and make a splash with spunky locals and international visitors
- 23-28 February: First Nations Gathering Space (free entry to main space, plus ticketed performances) – A tribute to the richness of Indigenous creativity
- 24 February: Live & Proud: Sydney WorldPride Opening Concert, presented by American Express – With stars overhead and onstage, gather in the heritage listed park, The Domain, for the official Opening Concert for Sydney WorldPride, hosted by Courtney Act and Casey Donovan
- 24 February-5 March: Pride Villages (free event) – A fabulous festival hub of atmospheric Crown, Riley and Oxford Streets closed off to most traffic
- 25 February: Mardi Gras Parade Sideshow – Welcome to the show! Celebrate the Parade’s grand return to Oxford Street with a ticket to the all-ages Parade Sideshow – choose from grandstand seating or standing
- 25 February: Mardi Gras Parade Diamond Club – Enjoy the Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras Parade from a premium, tiered, standing platform right by the iconic Taylor Square
- 25 February: Mardi Gras Party – Enter an adult playground of music and performance at the official Mardi Gras Party, where pleasure awaits you and 10,000+ of your new and old friends at the biggest and longest-running LGBTQIA+ party in the Southern Hemisphere
- 26 February: Mardi Gras Laneway – Keep the Parade weekend vibes soaring with this rampant recovery party
- 26 February: Domain Dance Party – Dance outdoors against the beautiful backdrop of Sydney Harbour with 10,000 folks in the biggest LGBTQIA+ circuit event Australia has ever seen
- 1 March: Mardi Gras Kaftana Pool Party – The campiest event of the Festival, Kaftana Pool Party at the glistening ivy Pool invites you to let your inner diva shine for one of Mardi Gras most-loved events
- 1-3 March: Sydney WorldPride Human Rights Conference – The largest LGBTQIA+ Human Rights Conference ever held in the Asia-Pacific region
- 2 March: Blak & Deadly: The First Nations Gala Concert – First Nations fabulousness in one of the world’s most iconic venues – the Sydney Opera House
- 3 March: Ultra Violet – The premier event for LGBTQIA+ women during Sydney WorldPride. DJs and Producers Sveta Gilerman and Jess Hill will transform the beautiful Sydney Town Hall into a stunning queer women’s party space
- 3 March: Mardi Gras Laugh Out Proud – This queer comedy gala at The Enmore Theatre will have you rolling in the aisles
- 4 March: Bondi Beach Party, Presented by Optus – For one day only, the sandy jewel of Sydney will become the city’s hottest club for 12,000 people. Set right on the sands of Bondi Beach, you’ll need a lifesaver to recover from seven hours of fabulous partying with the global queer community
- 4 March: Mardi Gras Sissy Ball – Australia’s biggest vogue ball, with a sense of outrageous fun and fashion
- 5 March: Rainbow Republic, Presented by Optus – Six hours of live music, DJs and performances await you at The Domain, for a queer megamix of international and local acts. With food outlets and bars on site, dance the day into night as we come together for one last time, handing the baton to WorldPride Taiwan 2025
- 5 March: Pride March – Be part of history and walk with 50,000 people across the Sydney Harbour Bridge for global LGBTQIA+ equality, celebrating all that has been achieved, and yet to be achieved. What a way to close out this event, on top of the world!
Tickets are selling quickly. Get yours from approved travel and tour operators here! For the ultimate Sydney WorldPride experience, check out the featured travel packages including a 10 day, 7-night itinerary offered including air for a starting price of $3,499.
Qantas Special WorldPride Flight From LAX to Sydney
- The Qantas WorldPride Flight from Los Angeles to Sydney takes off on February 22, 2023. Qantas is the official airline partner for Sydney WorldPride.
- Onboard Qantas’ WorldPride Flight from LAX to SYD, customers will enjoy an array of experiences hosted by Australian comedian Joel Creasey, including live inflight entertainment, limited edition ‘Rainbow Roo’ Qantas pyjamas designed specifically for the flight and a specially crafted menu.
- A general admission ticket to Live and Proud: Sydney WorldPride Opening Concert, featuring special guest performer Kylie Minogue, will be a special gift from Qantas for all passengers on the flight.
- The Qantas WorldPride Flight is on sale at qantas.com/worldpride starting from $1,545 USD round trip.
WorldPride is a global event licensed by InterPride, and awarded to a different host city every 2-3 years. The first WorldPride took place in Rome in 2000, followed by Jerusalem (2006), London (2012), Toronto (2014), Madrid (2017), New York (2019) and Copenhagen + Malmo (2021). It took a one-year hiatus during the pandemic and is back with a bang in one of the world’s most beautiful cities.