Gay dad’s debut cookbook takes the hassle out of meal times
Ten proven, scrumptious recipes for each part of every meal from home cook and gay dad, Tim Mulligan.
Multi-talented playwright, executive and former attorney Tim Mulligan knows what it’s like to have a long day at work and come home to hungry kids or friends who drop in around dinner time—and lack the inspiration to whip up a meal that pleases everyone. Faced with this dilemma every day, he decided it would be a good idea to have a source of proven, go-to recipes to get dinner on the table. So he came up with A PERFECT 10: Ten Proven, Scrumptious Recipes for Each Part of Every Meal by author, playwright, home cook and father Tim Mulligan.
While Mulligan isn’t a trained chef, he worked for years in restaurants and picked up delicious, satisfying, and failsafe recipes from fellow home cooks, adding some of his own touches along the way.
In THE PERFECT 10, Mulligan provides 10 fail-proof recipes for seven distinct meal periods (70 recipes in all!) from breakfast to appetizers and sides, to salads, entrees, desserts and a Thanksgiving menu that will finally win you the respect of your in-laws.
Among the scrumptious dishes are:
- Eggs in Purgatory: Heavenly baked eggs in a wickedly good tomato sauce.
- Crispy Brussels Sprouts with Cooked Grapes: A symphony of flavors and textures accompanies everyone’s favorite sprout with sweet, savory, crispy, and spicy notes.
- Jerry’s Special Pizza: Pepperoni, salami and . . . pickles? So delicious you’ll wonder why you didn’t think of it yourself.
- Tried and True Stuffing: A to-die-for Thanksgiving essential with apricots, apples and pecans. Don’t be surprised if it rivals the turkey.
- Grandma’s Gumdrop Bread: When is bread also dessert? When it’s a delightful combination of dinner rolls and candy gumdrops with a boozy eggnog glaze.
We’ve added cards for two specifically Summer-appropriate recipes here for you to try, using bountiful berries which should be in season:
Whether you’re new to the kitchen or have been doing dinner duty for decades, THE PERFECT 10 will fire up your excitement to get cooking, knowing that Mulligan has handed you the perfect blue print to a truly great meal. For more information, visit aperfect10cookbook.com.
About Tim Mulligan
Tim Mulligan is a playwright whose first play, Witchland, is immersive, funny, and scary theater based on his childhood experiences growing up near a little-known nuclear site of Richland, WA, deemed “the most toxic place in the Western Hemisphere.” He is author of the bestselling leadership book, Roar. He has served in executive human resources leaderships role for the past 20+ years, currently at the BEN Group in Los Angeles, and prior to that, five years in the Paul Allen Universe in Seattle, and 13 years at San Diego Zoo Global. A former attorney, Mulligan also was deemed “Chief Human Resources Officer of the Year” for U.S. non-profits in 2016. Tim and his partner, Sean, and their two children live in Seattle. A Perfect 10 is his debut cookbook.