Key West’s all-male, clothing optional Equator Resort reopens with new guidelines
The Equator Resort, Key West’s premiere all-male, clothing optional resort, reopened on June 1 in accordance with physical distancing and CDC health guidelines!
Tucked away in the heart of Old Town Key West, the Equator Resort is just 3 blocks from Historic Duval St. Providing easy access to a city filled with history, culture, festivity and most of all relaxation. The resort offers a large, lush and open private setting with 2 heated pools and two hot tubs. Comprising 5 historic properties, each spacious room is unique and offers its own charm.
As social and physical distancing become one of the most effective tools to prevent the spread of COVID-19, The Equator Resort recognizes the need to acclimate to a new normal as the world begins to open back up. This is especially true in the travel industry.
Room cleanliness and guest and staff safety has always been their top priority, and they have constantly been implementing the recommended changes mandated by CDC and Health Officials. The Equator Resort has also been attempting to anticipate any other changes that may come.
While most of the new changes are for the back of house staff, guests will also begin to see some front of house changes. Some of these changes are as follows:
- Each room will be left vacant for a day after departure for the room to be ozoned, cleaned, disinfected and sanitized. While this may create some difficulty in specific dates or specific room requests, the Equator feels that the safest way for both their staff and guests to feel safe and comfortable.
- Once a room has been prepared for arrival, a safety seal will be placed over the seam of the door so guests can be assured that no one has entered since it was last disinfected and sanitized.
- More hand sanitizer stations have been installed throughout the property.
- Bar service will still be provided, however, each drink will require a new cup which will be disposed of by the guest.
- Per hotel regulations in the state of Florida, Housekeeping will not be servicing rooms during a stay unless these are maintenance or safety issues. Guests can request sheets changed or new toiletries and linens at any time.
- A text message service has been implemented with Equator’s reservation software, which will allow guests to text the front desk directly with any needs, requests or inquiries.
- All guests will be temperature checked at check-in, and staff will be temperature checked each day at arrival and departure from shift.
- All staff have undergone extensive COVID-19 reopening training, Internal Pandemic response training and ServSafe COVID-19 reopen training and certification.
- Each toiletry will be limited to one per room, though guests can request more at any time. This is to prevent waste and cross contamination as any unused toiletries (even if unopened) will be disposed of at departure.
These are only a portion of the new changes, and guests should anticipate that implemented precautions and regulations may change daily or hourly. Travel, whether for business or leisure, is important to the hospitality industry, and The Equator Resort wants their guests to know that their health and well-being is considered essential.
For more information and booking, please visit equatorresort.com.
When travelling, we encourage you to adhere to all health guidelines both local and national – have a safe vacation.