On Monday, October 17, 2022, SAGE, the world’s oldest and largest organization dedicated to improving the lives of LGBTQ+ older people, will spotlight the resilience of LGBTQ+ elders and celebrate the generous supporters who fuel SAGE’s tireless advocacy and critical life-saving services at its annual SAGE Awards & Gala.
The event raises funds through generous sponsorships and ticket sales that ensure LGBTQ+ elders have the support and resources they need to age with the dignity and respect they deserve.
The SAGE Awards & Gala will honor Justice Rosalyn Richter with the Paula Ettelbrick Community Service Award for her activism on behalf of the LGBTQ+ community. Brent Miller will be recognized with The Jack Watters Corporate Advocate Award for his work as Senior Director for Global LGBTQ+ Equality at Procter & Gamble, using the voice of brands to drive the authentic portrayal of the LGBTQ+ community. SAGE will also honor Gilead Sciences with the Corporate Leadership Award. Through Gilead’s HIV Age Positively initiative, Gilead supports SAGE’s efforts to publicly acknowledge, draw much-needed attention to, and meet the needs of long-term survivors and LGBTQ+ older people. Gilead also provides critical support to SAGEPositive, SAGE’s suite of services and programs to support older people living with HIV and their caregivers.
Lastly, SAGE will posthumously honor the legacy of activist, Gloria Allen, or affectionately nicknamed “Mama Gloria” with the Joyce Warshow Lifetime Achievement Award. Gloria pioneered a charm school for transgender youth at Chicago’s Center on Halsted.
Several elected officials will be in attendance. New York City Council Speaker Adrienne E. Adams and New York City Councilmember Crystal Hudson will deliver remarks that evening.
Three talented Broadway performers, Daniel Torres (The Music Man), Nikki Renée Daniels (COMPANY), and Tyler Maynard (The Little Mermaid), from Sing for Your Seniors, will perform that evening.
WHEN: Monday, October 17, 2022, 6pm to 10pm
WHERE: Cipriani Wall Street, 55 Wall Street, New York, NY
- Michael Adams, SAGE CEO
- Justice Rosalyn Richter, recipient of the Paula Ettelbrick Community Service Award
- Brent Miller, Procter & Gamble Senior Director for Global LGBTQ+ Equality, recipient of the Jack Watters Corporate Advocate Award
- Daniel O’Day, Gilead Sciences CEO, representing Gilead Sciences, recipient of the Corporate Achievement Award
- Luchina Fisher, accepting the Joyce Warshow Lifetime Achievement Award on behalf of Mama Gloria
- Deidra Nottingham, LGBTQ+ advocate and SAGE constituent
- New York State Senator Brad Hoylman
- New York State Senator Jabari Brisport
- New York State Assemblymember Phara Souffrant Forrest
- New York State Assemblymember Jessica González-Rojas
- New York City Council Speaker Adrienne E. Adams
- New York City Councilmember Erik Bottcher
- New York City Councilmember Crystal Hudson
- New York City Department of the Aging Commissioner Lorraine Cortés-Vázquez
For more information on the event or the purchase tickets, visit https://sageusa.org/sageawards22.