It’s not often we have the opportunity to get some great advice from an international hair stylist… so when NeelDavid Katwal offered some tips for caring for hair during the lockdown, we couldn’t say no!
So if you have long hair and are looking to keep it healthy check out these tips:
“Being at home in lockdown or in quarantine is really tough for someone that is used to heading to the barbers or the salon. So I have created some great tips to help you keep your hair as it should be until you can get to see your stylist.”NeelDavid Katwal
1. Wash and shampoo your hair when you return from an essential trip. As import as it is to wash your hands, it’s just as important to wash your hair!
2. If you run out of your favorite spa shampoo or hair mask, try using coconut oil to keep your hair healthy, smooth and to avoid dryness.
3. If your hair is dyed, avoid hot water or hot hair styling tools to help keep the color longer.
4. For long hair, make sure to shampoo three times a week and condition three times a week too.
5. Being at home and perhaps not heading out to work, you might find you develop dandruff. If this occurs try and wash your hair every two days, and my favorite home remedy is to use apple cider vinegar, it also helps prevent frizziness too.
6. Don’t over brush your hair, and especially avoid brushing your hair when it’s wet.
Next time, I will explain how to look after beards! Stay safe and see you in the salon after lockdown.